Very good points. Thank you.

Vicki

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Sieghard Weitzel
  To: viphone@googlegroups.com
  Sent: Thursday, May 17, 2018 8:20 AM
  Subject: RE: IPhone versess IPad

  Remember that having an iPhone, iPad and laptop for most people is overkill.
Sure, it is nice to have all this stuff, but I don’t see any need for an iPad
in my life, I use my iPhone all the time and the argument that I want phone
calls interrupting me or that I want to save my iPhone battery to me at least
don’t make sense. If I am listening to an audio book on an iPad and I get a
phone call I want to take it interrupts me anyways and in fact if I am
listening on the iPad I first have to pause the iPad whereas on my iPhone
whatever is playing pauses automatically when the phone rings and resumes again
when I’m done. As for battery I just get a new one put in should it gert to the
point where it doesn’t hold it’s charge any more, it’s a lot cheaper than
spending $500 or more on an Ipad. If I am travelling there isn’t that much I
can’t do on my iPhone compared to an iPad. I can see that if you use braille
input the large iPad might be good, but if I really want to be able to type a
lot I can just bring a bluetooth keyboard and use my iPhone. Some people also
make the point about sound quality being bertter on an iPad and that is
probably true due to it’s larger speakers which can be further apart, but you
can just as easily use a bluetooth speaker if you want good sound quality. This
has the added benefit that you can get one that is waterproof so if like me you
listen to a lot of audio books you can bring it into the shower or outside etc.
I am doing a fair bit of work outside right now getting my garden and yard into
shape after a long and very snowy winter and I also do some woodworking either
in my shop downstairs or outside and I can just have my iPhone in a safe spot
in my belt case or put somewhere nearby and use my very tough dust and
waterproof bluetooth speaker. If I am using any woodworking power tools which
are noisy I wear ear protection anyways and I have a set of ear protection
which have bluetooth as wel as a built-in FM radio so I can listen to the radio
or my book or music on my iPhone. If you buy an iPad it’s another expensive
device which you have to maintain and upgrade every 3 to 5 years, it won’t
replace your iPhone so now you have to maintain and upgrade two devices. I also
have an Apple Watch which I like because of the fitness/health application and
to me that is more useful than an iPad and as it’s a piece of technology which
also has a finite time before it needs to be upgraded, if you now have an
iPhone, iPad and Apple Watch then things are starting to get really expensive.