From: viphone@googlegroups.com [viphone@googlegroups.com] on behalf of Michael
Feir [michael.f...@gmail.com]
Sent: Thursday, May 17, 2018 1:47 PM
To: viphone@googlegroups.com
Subject: Re: IPhone versess IPad

I have a 2017 referbished iPAD as well as an iPHONE7. Frankly, things are a lot
more frustrating for me on the iPAD. I find myself strongly gravitating to my
iPHONE for pretty much everything other than consuming audio or binge reading.
For instance, it's nice to be able to listen to internet radio without burning
though my iPOD batteries and taking up my iPHONE. That leaves the iPHONE free
for other things. However, if I'm working, or want to be ready to do other
things while listening or reding, I'll use my iPHONE. Other than easier use of
Braille screen input, I can't think of any advantages to using an iPAD other
than the headphone jak.

Another thing to keep in mind is that the layouts of a whole lot of apps and
things are very different as the designers attempt to use the extra space in
the best way for sighted users. It can feel like starting from square one
despite using the exact same apps and operating system as on your phone. I'm
still glad I was able to get the iPAD due to the guide I'm in the process of
writing. I'll be able to pint all this out and give exaples so my readers will
hopefully make a more informed decision. I have a lot of spacial perceptin
issues so that's doubtless a big part of why I so strongly prefer my iPHONE's
smaller size. The smaller size does force app designers to separate apps into
different tabs. The Settings app where you configure your iOS device is a prime
example. The iPAd layout has everything in a tree format with branches
expanding overtop of things when selected. Everything else still remains on the
screen. On the iPHONE, the instant you double-tap on a setting area, everything
else goes away and you can get right to what you want. When finished, the
"back" button gets you out of where you've drilled down into.

On Thu, May 17, 2018 at 1:24 PM Cristóbal