Home Page: http://raulgallegos.com
Twitter: https://twitter.com/rau47
Facebook: http://facebook.com/rau47

On 10/20/2012 10:37 AM, Tom rash wrote:
Would turning on the mute button during a call stop voice over from
interupting the phone call?  If so, couldn't it, in future versions,
automatically switch to mute mode during a phone call?
----- Original Message ----- From: "Raul A. Gallegos"
<r...@raulgallegos.com>
To: <viphone@googlegroups.com>
Sent: Saturday, October 20, 2012 2:21 AM
Subject: Re: voiceover during a call

Hi, as a general habit when I'm on a call, I automatically touch the
lower-left corner of the screen where the end button is. This way
there is no extra verbiage and this way I can quickly double-tap the
screen when I'm done talking. Yes, I know about 2-finger double-tap,
but since I already focus the end button to avoid Voice Over speaking,
it leaves it ready for me to hang up with one finger when I want to.

--
Raul A. Gallegos
Monday is an awful way to spend 1/7th of your life. - Steven Wright
Home Page: http://raulgallegos.com
Twitter: https://twitter.com/rau47
Facebook: http://facebook.com/rau47

Hi Pablo,

There is an easy fix for Voiceover announcing the call duration when
you are
on a call. Just take your phone and flick once to the right, all you
have to
do is move Voiceover focus away from the call duration and it will stop
announcing it.

You should also write to accessibil...@apple.com because they really
need to
fix this. I wrote to them regarding that and was told this is the
expected
behavior, e.g. Voiceover announces the call duration as it changes.
However,
I don't think this should be the way it behaves, it would be like saying
Voiceover continuously reads out the elapsed time or time remaining
when a
song is playing and it doesn't do that either.