Janet, I used Alexa's Drop-In feature when I took my vacation to California.
Once I reached my friends home, I connected to her wifi. I would drop in
several times a day to listen for any unusual noises & our home door security
alarms. We use the Ring video camera, which connects to Alexa & security alarms
purchased from Home Depot. I like the drop in feature also, because I can drop
in on my kids while I'm running errands, by using public wifis..

Donna