Janet,
Can you see if you have the flash light settings when you go to settings, accessibility, VoiceOver, verbosity? VoiceOver is suppose to tell you if you let the flash light on.
Lyne

Le 9 août 2026 à 00:54, janet gross <[email protected]> a écrit :



Hello Richard,

 

I am using the Anker USB-C charger, and I’ve been using that same charger ever since I had the phone.

That is no doubt a bad thing, I don’t think I’ve ever been that concerned about one of my phones, as that was just way to warm.

I knew something was wrong, but I couldn’t figure it out, because I didn’t make any changes on my phone today, or anytime recently.

Do you remember not long ago, I was asking on list about my XR iPhone not holding a charge, now, I wonder is the flashlight turned on that phone too.

 So now, my phone is quite cool, and I will now turn on Apple Music just to see if the phone gets warm again, and if it starts to lose charge.

I will report back in a few minutes.

Thank you.

 

Kindly,

 

Janaet.

 

 

 

 

 

From: 'Richard Turner' via VIPhone <[email protected]>
Sent: Saturday, August 8, 2026 10:26 PM
To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: Hot phone help please.

 

Which charger are you using?

Call Apple as if the battery is getting very warm, and staying warm, that could be a very bad sign. You don't want it catching fire.

 

 

Richard, USA

"While striving for perfection, let us do what is possible." -- John Wesley

 

My web site: https://www.turner42.com

 

(sent from my iPhone 16 pro) 

 



On Aug 8, 2026, at 8:19 PM, janet gross <[email protected]> wrote:



Hello Everyone,

 

I got up this morning, and my 16 pro iOS 26.6, was at 100 percent, as I had it charging overnight.

I listened to Apple Music for about 16 minutes, as I usually do, and I picked up the phone, and I noticed it was quite warm, so I was busy doing something, I laid my phone down, and I picked up my phone about an hour later to see if it was still warm, and it was very warm, and I checked the battery in the status bar, and it was down to 50 percent.

So, I ate my lunch, and I picked up my phone again, as I was getting ready to charge it, and the battery status was down to 20 percent.

I charged my phone, and now, it is at 100 percent, but it is still very warm.

I’ve cleared out the app switcher I restarted my phone, I checked the background lighting, it is at zero, my curtain is on.

Can anyone give some suggestions is to what I can check before calling Apple.

Even though, I don’t have my phone turned on, it is still warm.

Thank you in advance.

 

Kindly,

 

Janet.

 

 

   

--
The following information is important for all members of the V iPhone list.
 
If you have any questions or concerns about the running of this list, or if you feel that a member's post is inappropriate, please contact the owners or moderators directly rather than posting on the list itself.
 
Your V iPhone list moderator is Mark Taylor. Mark can be reached at: [email protected]. Your list owner is Cara Quinn - you can reach Cara at [email protected]
 
The archives for this list can be searched at:
http://www.mail-archive.com/[email protected]/
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "VIPhone" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [email protected].
To view this discussion visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/viphone/IA4P223MB1595D6AD3B389156F6AB179BFCDF2%40IA4P223MB1595.NAMP223.PROD.OUTLOOK.COM.

--
The following information is important for all members of the V iPhone list.
 
If you have any questions or concerns about the running of this list, or if you feel that a member's post is inappropriate, please contact the owners or moderators directly rather than posting on the list itself.
 
Your V iPhone list moderator is Mark Taylor. Mark can be reached at: [email protected]. Your list owner is Cara Quinn - you can reach Cara at [email protected]
 
The archives for this list can be searched at:
http://www.mail-archive.com/[email protected]/
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "VIPhone" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [email protected].
To view this discussion visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/viphone/145803DF-A04D-4D9C-A5BE-B410BCAB59E5%40comcast.net.

--
The following information is important for all members of the V iPhone list.
 
If you have any questions or concerns about the running of this list, or if you feel that a member's post is inappropriate, please contact the owners or moderators directly rather than posting on the list itself.
 
Your V iPhone list moderator is Mark Taylor. Mark can be reached at: [email protected]. Your list owner is Cara Quinn - you can reach Cara at [email protected]
 
The archives for this list can be searched at:
http://www.mail-archive.com/[email protected]/
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "VIPhone" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [email protected].
To view this discussion visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/viphone/IA4P223MB159570A444F60540063E3DA4FCDF2%40IA4P223MB1595.NAMP223.PROD.OUTLOOK.COM.

--
The following information is important for all members of the V iPhone list.
 
If you have any questions or concerns about the running of this list, or if you feel that a member's post is inappropriate, please contact the owners or moderators directly rather than posting on the list itself.
 
Your V iPhone list moderator is Mark Taylor. Mark can be reached at: [email protected]. Your list owner is Cara Quinn - you can reach Cara at [email protected]
 
The archives for this list can be searched at:
http://www.mail-archive.com/[email protected]/
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "VIPhone" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [email protected].
To view this discussion visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/viphone/1CD55BF5-6FCF-44DF-A427-7C9C2C5E37F1%40gmail.com.

Reply via email to