Hello Arnold,

The StandScan Pro is a box with a bottom and one open side. It can take a sheet
of A4 or foolscap, or an open paperback book. I posted here the results of two
scans of a double-page of a paperback done using the StandScan Pro and Prizmo.
The results were excellent!

I'm glad there's now a reduction on the price for a short while, but I don't
regret paying the full price for mine.

Cheers,

Anne