TapTapSee is a free app that now is subscription based. If I want to
take a picture of something to identify, I  open the app and tap the
"take picture" button. It takes the picture and sends it to a server.
The server, either through a computer or a person, then sends back an
identification. For example, I was trying to find the can of carrots
in my pantry, but I don't have things labeled and I have lots of cans
of vegetables and soups. So I  would line the can up with the seam on
the left and take a picture. Some examples of what I got back were
"can of carrots and peas,"  "zesty tomato soup,"  and the one I
wanted, "baby carrots can."  Then I could open the can and know I'm
getting what I wanted. I have heard people taking pictures of
thermostats to know what the reading was (the temperature it was set
to) and getting the answer back within three pictures or taking a
picture of their washing machine to determine what cycle the machine
was currently in. The answer usually comes back very fast and quite
accurately, but it can depend. I tested it once to see the variation,
so I took a picture of my guide dog in harness. I got back three
different answers in three pictures: Black dog, black Labrador dog,
and black guide dog. I think you would need to test the app with the
meters and see how accurate it gets with a sighted person at your
side. Before the subscription, you get 100 free photos, so you could
easily test the app before purchasing a  subscription. I'm just not
sure if the people behind the app would know how to read the meters
you need read. But it is something to try.
Hope that helps,
Jewel