Hi, I recently had an experience with an iPhone 4s which showed 12 gigabytes of other space. The phone only had 15 apps and they weren't very big apps. The phone is a 16gb phone and as you can imagine, it only has 13 gb of available storage to begin with. So, 12 gb of it was used in the other space. There were maybe 10 photos and no videos. What does this have to do with battery drainage you might ask? Absolutely nothing, but please bare with me because the reason I'm writing this is because of something you said in your message. So, I did what any good tech does in a situation like this, I turned to the Intertubes and try to find a solution to fixing the massive waste of the Other space on this phone. I tried everything I could find. I looked at various Apple support forums, various misc tech forums, and I even asked a friend of mine who works at Apple. He said the steps i tried are the same that Apple support would have me try if i called them. I must have spent at least 5 or 6 hours of research and trial and error to get rid of this mysterious other space. I am used to seeing 1 or 2 gb used, but 12 gb, really? So I finally just did a complete wipe of the phone and reset it from scratch. The sad thing is I would try to erase and reset and even that would fail. So I had to put the phone in dfu mode to get it to restore. When all was said and done, the problem went away. What caused it? I'll probably never know. It seemed like something in the phone kept writing data in some way, shape or form, and it kept filling up the space. At first, the phone had 400 pictures on it. I removed them, and made like 1 gb free and the next day, that freed up gigabyte was taken up by other space. So, my story is to simply say that if you have tried everything you can think of, resetting might be the only other option.

--
Raul A. Gallegos
Immature: A word boring people use to describe fun people. - Sheldon Cooper