Perhaps it is similar to the status cells when using the display with
a Windows or Mac screen reader. I never bothered with those status
messages too much, and even turned the status cells off. Besides, if
you have a smallish display, every cell counts when showing
information.

Wayne

On 7/21/14, Teresa Cochran <batsfly...@me.com> wrote:
> Expanded status indicates things like Voiceover muting, screen cchrtain, and
> I believe text attributes, though I'm not entirely sure about that last
> one.
>
> Teresa
>
> "We're made of star stuff."--Carl Sagan
>
>> On Jul 20, 2014, at 11:09 PM, Haya Simkin & guide dog Pammy
>> <hayasim...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> I saw that in the keyboard help when I pressed the first router key to the
>> left with the same results. This left me wondering what an expanded status
>> was.
>>
>> Haya Simkin & guide dog Pammy
>> Sent from my iPhone
>>
>> On 21 Jul 2014, at 04:19, Teresa Cochran <batsfly...@me.com> wrote:
>>
>> Hi, all,
>>
>> I was exploring the status functions with my Focus 40 Blue. When I press
>> the cursor-routing keys in cell 2, keyboard help reports that it toggles
>> expanded description. However, I get no audible or Braille feedback, even
>> when I press n-space for andouncement history. Am I missing something?
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Teresa
>>
>> "We're made of star stuff."--Carl Sagan
>>
>> --
>> The following information is important for all members of the viphone
>> list. All new members to the this list are moderated by default. If you
>> have any questions or concerns about the running of this list, or if you
>> feel that a member's post is inappropriate, please contact the owners or
>> moderators directly rather than posting on the list itself. The archives
>> for this list can be searched at

>> The following information is important for all members of the viphone
>> list. All new members to the this list are moderated by default. If you
>> have any questions or concerns about the running of this list, or if you
>> feel that a member's post is inappropriate, please contact the owners or
>> moderators directly rather than posting on the list itself. The archives
>> for this list can be searched at

Follow me on Twitter at:
www.twitter.com/wcmerritt
My websites: