At 11:27 AM 4/17/2001 +0200, Martin Vorlaender wrote:

>- The configuration test for long doubles gives
<snip>
>        %CC-I-LONGDOUBLENYI, In this statement, type long double has the same
>        representation as type double on this platform.
<snip>
>        $ write sys$output $status
>        %X10B90003
>
>  As CONFIGURE.COM only tests for %X10B90001, it does detect the
>  presence of long doubles, but fails to get the size. Not sure
>  how to resolve this.

I don't have a way to test this, but something like this could work; let me 
know if you get a chance to try it:

--- configure.com;-0    Sat Mar  3 13:53:20 2001
+++ configure.com       Tue Apr 17 12:42:48 2001
@@ -3075,8 +3075,13 @@
 $ ELSE
 $   echo "You have long double."
 $   echo4 "Checking to see how big your long doubles are..."
-$   GOSUB just_mcr_it
-$   longdblsize = tmp
+$   IF compile_status .EQ. %X10B90003  ! CC-I-LONGDOUBLENYI
+$   THEN                               ! long double same size as double
+$     longdblsize = doublesize
+$   ELSE
+$     GOSUB just_mcr_it
+$     longdblsize = tmp
+$   ENDIF
 $   d_longdbl = "define"
 $   echo "Your long doubles are ''longdblsize' bytes long."
 $ ENDIF
[end of patch]

Or should we make long doubles undef in this case?  It doesn't seem like 
they'd offer any real advantage.

>- If you go with the DCL tables verb (instead of the foreign command),
>  "MMK INSTALL" fails, because it wants to SET COMMAND the PERL.CLD
>  file from PERL_ROOT:[000000] - which doesn't exist. I suppose
>  SYS$DISK:[] would suffice here.

Hmm.  Does this problem go away if you create the top-level directory before 
the install?

>I didn't take notes on the modules' build, but if anyone is
>interested, I could publish my diffs. 

Please do, preferably to the module authors as well as here.  Thanks for the 
report.

Reply via email to