Peter Prymmer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Martin Vorlaender wrote:
> > $   IF compile_status .EQ. %X10B90003 THEN compile_status = good_compile  !!!
> 
> That looks good - does it work correctly for you?

Actually, I didn't test it yet. Stand by, please.

> Were you seeing the informational message before?

Nope, the only thing I saw was

  Checking to see if you have long double...
  You have long double.
  Checking to see how big your long doubles are...
  Your long doubles are  bytes long.

as it would be if just_mcr_it didn't set the tmp symbol
(after having initialized it to "").

> > > Or should we make long doubles undef in this case?  It 
> > > doesn't seem like they'd offer any real advantage.
> > 
> > As I can't oversee the implications: Dunno.
> 
> You might try running `mms test` in separate builds with d_longdbl =
> "define" and d_longdbl = "undef" to see if there is a measurable
> difference in timing (assuming that there are no tests that probe the
> value of $Config{d_longdbl} and run a harder set of tests if 
> the value is matches /define/i).

Stand by, please... (oh, if I had all the time I wish I had...)

> Perhaps we need to modify it to something like the following:
> 
> # install ought not need a source, but it doesn't work if one's not
> # there. Go figure...
> install : $(MINIPERL_EXE)
>         @ @perl_setup.com
>         If F$TrnLnm("Sys") .nes. "" Then Deass SYS
>       create/directory perl_root:[lib]
>       copy $(DBG)perl$(E) perl_root:[000000]
>       copy $(DBG)perlshr$(E) perl_root:[000000]
>         $(MINIPERL) installperl
> 
> And make suitable changes to installperl so as not to double install
> perl.exe and perlshr.exe (I suspect it'd be nice to avoid PURGE).

The problem already is with the call to perl_setup.com
(where the dreaded $ SET COMMAND is issued).

When building perl, I circumvented it by modifying perl_setup (I
don't use it anyway - my perl command is in the systemwide DCL
table). But I'll look into a more concise way to solve the
problem (please stand by - see above <sigh>).

cu,
  Martin
-- 
One OS to rule them all       | Martin Vorlaender  |  VMS & WNT programmer
One OS to find them           | work: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
One OS to bring them all      |       http://www.pdv-systeme.de/users/martinv/
And in the Darkness bind them.| home: [EMAIL PROTECTED] 

Reply via email to