As I said, Alan Goldwater's work is on the small diameter coil that will go
into the dogbone in place of the LENR reactor core.  Temperature
measurements made on it by itself, were made with a type-k thermocouple
placed inside the tiny alumina tube (4mm OD) used as a coil form for the
kanthal heater wire on the outside (6 mm OD coil).  When the kanthal wound
tube was coated with a ceramic cement, there was insulation and not as much
convection and this coil got to the 1300C range inside the center of the
alumina tube.  This is NOT the dogbone shaped convection tube.

I know the text is confusing, having Alan's work described just below the
dogbone picture.  The dogbone shaped convection tube has NOT been heated to
that temperature.

You also have my opinion wrong.  As I said, I am concerned that even
putting in a total of 3kW electric in our dogbone test, we may not get to
the same temperature as in the Lugano report.  The electrical input in the
Lugano report was a little above 900W as I recall, and I don't believe it
is possible to get the dogbone to 1400C on the OUTSIDE with 900W input
based on our measurements.  Also, the type of heater element we now believe
was used in the Lugano hotCat was not capable of delivering over about 1kW
of input heat.  So if the hotCat was really putting out over 2.5kW of heat
to get it to 1400C, then there was definitely substantial gain.  We will
know in January.

Bob Higgins