  From: Bob Higgins
  To: vortex-l@eskimo.com
  Sent: Monday, December 08, 2014 9:21 AM
  Subject: Re: [Vo]:That doggone dogbone

  Jones,  I think you are wrong about most of these points.  The proof will be
in the experiment when it is conducted.
    1)      We know from this report that the insert shown will already reach
the limit of temperature sustainability for Kanthal wire at about 800 watts. To
go higher will demand active cooling (above convection).

  This is probably almost true for the inner heater coil, which will model to
some extent the LENR produced heat in the reactor core tube.  We will probably
be able to add only up to 1kW in this coil.  It is supplementary to the main
heater coil which will be around this one.  We believe the main Kanthal coil
can supply 2.4kW.  The total electrical heater input for the experiment can get
to the 3.4kW range.

    2)      This kind of wire has better thermal characteristics than the
Inconel wire which was originally reported to have been used in Lugano.

  The heater wire used in the Lugano hotCat is only of side interest.  It is
not important to the experiment.  If Rossi used a moly silicide or SiC heater,
it would have needed leads that could well have been inconel.  It is
unimportant to the result of the experiment.

    3)      Adding any conceivable layer over the insert which does not cool
the wire will only REDUCE the power needed to maintain the maximum sustainable
internal temperature

  The internal temperature is important only insuring that the internal heater
doesn't burn out.  When the convection tube is added, it is not clear if the
conduction will exceed the convection of this small tube.  We will add about
1kW max to the internal coil and it gets us closer to the claimed total
internal power of the Lugano hotCat (LENR + electrical input).

    4)      The original Levi report was later altered by Rossi when he learned
from critics that the Inconel wire being used could not sustain the temperature
claim.

  Again, entirely immaterial to the result of the Lugano test or to our
experiment to confirm.

    5)      Rossi essentially “invented” in his own mind a new type of
non-existent wire alloy to try to remedy the situation, which now others are
trying to remedy for him - with all this talk about refractory wire. Basically
this tactic of putting words in Levi’s report, to make details work on paper,
but without any evidence of reality other than a hope to see the experiment
work, sounds like complete BS to skeptics.

  Again, entirely immaterial to the result of the Lugano test or to our
experiment to confirm.

    6)      Since Goldwater’s insert already shows conclusively that no greater
power can be added than he has added in the convection test (without
compromising the ability of the wire to carry current), it is essentially not
possible to do what is being suggested, in any remote way.

    IOW Goldater’s experiment has already proved the Levi Lugano report is
bogus.

  If what you were saying is true, it would be proving that if the calculated
output power from the Lugano experiment was correct that there must be LENR
heat contribution because it would not have been possible for such a heater to
produce all of that heat by electrical input, despite the fact that the
electrical input was measured to be much less.  However, the statement is
wrong.  The total heat that the MFMP replica will be capable of accepting from
an electrical input standpoint will be in the range of 3.2-3.6kW as the sum of
the powers delivered to the two Kanthal heater coils.  The heater may not last
very long with such high input, but it doesn't have to.  We will collect
substantial data as the temperature rises and until the heaters fail.

  The other stuff (hotCat heater type) is interesting, but completely
irrelevant to the Lugano test results or to our replica dummy test.

  Bob Higgins