In follow-up hypothetical analysis of the Lugano measurements, consider
this.  Look at what it means for the ICP-MS assay of the fuel to have 94.1%
7Li and 5.9% 6Li.  With 100mg of LiAlH4 fuel source, the fuel source had
17.2mg of 7Li and 1.08mg of 6Li.  If one *presumes* that 6Li is not being
created and doesn't participate in the reaction; then in the ash there will
still be 1.08mg of 6Li.  The ICP-MS analysis of the ash shows that there is
42.5% of 7Li and 57.5% of 6Li.  Since (by presumption) there is still
1.08mg of 6Li left in the ash, there is only 0.79 mg of 7Li in the ash.
The amount of 7Li has decreased from 17.2mg to 0.79mg from fuel to ash.
Thus, only 0.79mg/17.2mg or only about 1/22 of the original 7Li remains in
the ash - based on the presumption that no 6Li was created.
Because the reaction showed no major output heat decline due to only 1/22
of the original 7Li being present by the end of the reaction, it suggests
to me that the 7Li may not be the primary source of heat in the reaction.
As an aside, if the heat produced over the course of the experiment was due
solely to the "burning" of 7Li, the consumption of (17.2 - 0.79) = 16.41 mg
of 7Li would require the reaction to produce ~8.4 MeV per atom of burned
7Li (based on the revised heat output of the Lugano experiment).
More likely the hypothesis that 6Li is not created and 7Li burning produces
the heat is not correct.  This hypothetical argument suggests that the 7Li
is participating in the reaction (perhaps producing some excess heat), some
6Li is probably being created in the reaction, and much of the heat is
coming from some other reaction - perhaps the transmutation/isotopic shift
in the Ni which was not depleted by the end of the reaction.

Piantelli's theory supports this.  He uses Li as a booster for his reactors
- using the Li to create excess heat from the 6 MeV protons being produced
(resulting in more than 6 MeV of heat per proton).  However, he does have
excess heat without the Li.

Bob Higgins