Jed,
Deathism is the sickest mental state of humans at the moment. It is like a
spell.
People glorify and justify death as a good thing.
It infuriates me that people advocate death, and it doesn't matter if it is
by old age.
We are not talking about keeping people in old age frail, cognitive
impaired and not productive but keeping people young and healthy for
indefinite life spans. This is the most noble and worthwhile goal one can
imagine. We the death of each individual an irreplaceable world is lost. In
particular when we are talking about creative and productive people that
could contribute for centuries to the better of mankind.