Giovanni Santostasi <gsantost...@gmail.com> wrote:

> We the death of each individual an irreplaceable world is lost. In
> particular when we are talking about creative and productive people that
> could contribute for centuries to the better of mankind.

Yeah? What makes you think the creative productive people would be
preserved? No way! It would be the wealthy and brutal people. If we had
this in the 20th century, Stalin would still be in charge of Russia. J.
Gould and the other robber barons would still be running Wall Street. The
Kim family would run North Korea forever.

In cold fusion, opponents such as Huizenga would make policy for the next
500 years, and they would never allow research. Young people would never be
able to contribute, or even grow up. Even James Watt became an impediment
to progress at the end of his life.

Death leads to turnover. It gives young people with fresh perspectives a
chance. Most great science is done by young people. If the old scientists
never get out the way, new ideas will never be published.

I agree with Max Planck. Death is sad for the individual, but it is a
blessing to society, and it is essential.