On Fri, Oct 23, 2015 at 9:57 AM, Bob Higgins <rj.bob.higg...@gmail.com>
wrote:

Does anyone else find these just too incredible to believe?

Very much so.  I should spend some time looking at the raw data.  Holmlid
may have something interesting.  His interpretation may have sufficiently
alienated the people who could help him interpret his results that he may
be a little in a bind.  Energy conservation considerations point to a
misinterpretation of some kind on his part.

While these things truly offend my physical sensibilities, having these
> nervous concerns also makes me worry that I am becoming a patho-skeptic.

Not at all.  What is important is to not write off raw experimental data.
Explanations of the data are always fair game.

Eric