Sent: Friday, March 11, 2016 4:22 PM
To: vortex-l@eskimo.com
Subject: Re: [Vo]:Re: Bremsstrahlung experimental note

Hi Bob,
[snip]
Robin--

I think you are wrong about the nature of Bremsstrahlung.

As I understand, the effect is caused by a charged particle changing its
course--being accelerated--in an electric field.  It is not the mass of the
particle but the charge of the stationary particle.  Large nuclei have
greater positive charge to deflect an energetic electron.  The captured
electrons around a nuclei also pose a integrated electric field much more
diffuse than that associated with a large point charge.   Energetic
electrons are not accelerated as much by the diffuse negative charge
presented by cloud of electrons as a stationary "solid" nucleus does.
Slower electrons interact with other electron charge density and are
deflected to produce Bremsstrahlung.

That being said, an energetic proton will also produce Bremsstrahlung
radiation as it is deflected by other heavy, large, positive nuclei.

Bob

So where do we disagree? ;)
Regards,

Robin van Spaandonk