As mentioned to Bob the muons are not slow – they are fast in Holmlid’s theory.
However, this should be confirmed by him, as I am also basing some of my
understanding on Stubbs, along with all of Holmlid’s papers, which have evolved
over the years.

If we follow the Stubbs model of nine equivalent muons per disintegration, most
of which are effectively serving as “gluons” until the event – and typically
only 3-4 actual muons are seen per disintegration, then there is available
about 500 MeV of acceleration energy imparted to the ones which do escape – say
125 MeV added onto the rest mass of 105 MeV. Cosmic muons are typically 2 GeV.

I can see that most observers –even here - do not appreciate how radical
Holmlid’s work really is. Fortunately, he is very careful with data and massive
numbers are detected. I should also add that Holmlid definitely does propose
that nuclear fusion also occurs at the same time, so it is not either/or. If
there is excess heat in the reactor, it comes from fusion of UDD, and not from
nucleon disintegration of UDD. Both reactions are happening and they could be
linked in some way.

Bottom line is this: Holmlid has found a source of potential energy which is
far more energetic than mere fusion… if only it could be collected.

As of now, it can’t be collected and never has been.

From: Bob Cook

I agree with Higgins--

“The penetration is directly related to the energy of the muon.”

If the muons that are produced in the reactor are slow muons they may  not get
out in any case before decaying.  All they do is act to catalyze other nuclear
reactions before decay.

Bob Cook