"Sure it would be possible. No one disputes that. However, to believe
Rossi's instruments and flow rate without verification would be insane,
given his track record for doing such measurements wrong. More to the
point, not doing a reality check check by going next door and looking at
the industrial equipment would be the very height of insanity and
irresponsibility under these circumstances. Would you really pay $89
million without doing that?"

This is what is know as SPIN.

The test was under control of the ERV not Rossi, The instruments were
sealed,  Who was not allowed to inspect the factory and who restricted this
inspection?