I have the impression that IH had significant worries about Rossi from 2014
on. But, as their Answer says, they also had several reports from teams of
scientists with far more knowledge then them that seemed to substantiate
some of Rossi's claims.  If they were straightforward with prospective
investors about the risks and open questions, and if they said this whole
Rossi thing is a big unknown, but there's some people who are reporting
that some of his results are positive despite their own difficulties
substantiating his IP, and that the field in general is pretty exciting,
and if they were transparent with those investors that did join the pool
once things started souring, I do not see how they can be faulted.

Eric