With all due respect to  various opinions I found (some time back) that the
judgement of the group of Italian Physicists, including S.  Focardi  etal. very
informed and likely correct as to the excess heat produced by the Ni-H system.

Bob Cook

From: Jed Rothwell<mailto:jedrothw...@gmail.com>
Sent: Friday, August 25, 2017 10:48 AM
To: Vortex<mailto:vortex-l@eskimo.com>
Subject: Re: [Vo]:There's the rub ...

This is just my opinion but . . .

I suspect Pd is the active material in these experiments, and it always has
been. Both Pd and Ni were sputtered all over the place in the old reactor, with
glow discharge. It has a large display of plasma, which I suppose is sputtering
metal all around.

With the latest technique described in Appendix A, the Pd is deliberately
rubbed or plated on to the Ni mesh.

I still wonder if Ni cold fusion even exists. The claims for it seem to
gradually vanish like a Cheshire cat. In my opinion, the most convincing ones
are Kitamura et al. and I do not find them all that convincing. Here is the
most recent one:

http://lenr-canr.org/acrobat/BiberianJPjcondensedr.pdf#page=143