The photos of ME356's fuel are fascinating.  I don't know what to make of
the fractal growth on the carbon sticky tape.  I would love to see an EDS
of the fractal growth.  Ni crystals do tend to grow when there is
sufficient heat and in the absence of oxygen, but the Ni crystals are
normally spiky spears (as is seen in some of the photos).  I can't believe
that the fractal growth is metallic hydrogen - just too far fetched Axil.

I can speculate about what ME356 does to prepare his fuel.  Here are a few
thoughts:

   - The fuel is Ni or Ni alloy wire wound into a coil shape that will fit
   into a reactor tube.

   - From what we have seen, it doesn't seem like ME356's reactor runs a
   current through this coil - it is possible, but it is risks short term
   burnout limiting the life of the reactor.  My guess is that it is just a
   coiled up wire fuel inside of a fused silica or ceramic tube that contains
   the fuel coil and H2 gas.

   - ME356 talks of pre-treating his fuel.  He says that the longer he
   pre-treats the fuel the more active it is in producing LENR.  I think the
   pre-treatment consists of putting the Ni coil inside a vacuum chamber, that
   has been evacuated to less than 1 micron.  The wire is heated and cooled
   until it stops outgassing.  Then the chamber is filled with about 10 torr
   of H2, the wire is heated, and the wire or an adjacent Ni electrode is
   driven with RF at one of the ISM band frequencies.  This will provide some
   sputter-like activation of the surface.

   - After the hot sputter processing, take the coil out and put it into
   the reactor tube and heat in H2 for LENR.