The photon cannot be stretched out too far, or an atom would be unable to
absorb its energy in an acceptable time.  The problem with the other
speculations about soliton being a description of a photon is that the
soliton is only a solution in a NONLINEAR propagation medium - the solution
solution does not exist in linear space.  Previously, those speculating the
soliton solution could not identify what the required nonlinear propagation
medium would be.  With my proposal of the vacuum being a lattice of epos
having an elementary magnetic field dipole, the electric and magnetic field
of the photon would cause strain in the lattice whose stress-strain
relationship would be highly nonlinear at the small scale.