Hi,
[snip]
>The silver needs to stay liquid at 1000C, but the SunCell reaction still
>produces 3000C temperatures. Mills could change the metal used for the
>liquid electrodes to get to a lower operating temperature.

I don't think getting to a lower temperature is a problem. He originally planned
on running at 3000 degrees because the radiant spectrum of a black body at that
temperature is a good match for solar cells. If he isn't going to use solar
cells, then there is no reason to stick to the 3000 degrees.

Note that the temperature is easily lowered by increasing the flow rate of
coolant, in whatever design is chosen.
Regards,

Robin van Spaandonk