I've sat through a number of talks at fringe science conferences that were modelled on the two excellent you tube videos. The speakers usually give every impression that they fully believe the nonsense that they are presenting is correct.  There must be some fascinating psychology at work.  I assume that it has a syndrome name. If not then I am sure we could give it one.

Nigel