To most of us here, the issue of patent infringement unimportant.
Infringement would only become an issue once the device was going to
product, and it would only go to product if it was usefully producing XE.
The real issue is that so little was demonstrated in this meeting that what
Rossi has could be anything from nothing (a funky looking resistor) to
anything you wish to imagine.  So, the demo served no net purpose - except
possibly to those there that were granted greater access to the data.  You
and I should take it as a presumed null experiment since there was
inadequate data shared to show any XE.