One has to wonder where anyone might have channelled the comment about my
experiment and its ‘lovely gammas’ being ‘unfueled’. That is most certainly not
the case, there is a very specifically conceived and prepared ‘fuel mix’ that
is producing the raw gamma signal that has been shared. A number of other fuel
mix experiments have been run in parallel showing no such gamma signal save one
other.  I use a tiny amount of fuel, a volume equal to 5-10 grains of rice, but
it is cold fusion ‘fuel’ that was chosen with guidance of the atom-ecology of
the environment it would be subjected to and create. By the way I also prepare
and load this fuel in air, a fact that might be a big tip to those skilled in
the art. As my planned progression of fuel mixes go into the oven(s) over the
next few weeks I expect/hope more about the specific characteristics of the
atom-ecology where cold fusion is prevalent will be revealed.

I have spent some decades preparing and working with experiments that produced
what my friend Martin Fleischmann called ‘high fugacity deuterium’, aka UHD
systems. In my opinion no one truly ‘skilled in the art’ of cold fusion would
do otherwise.  ‘Search for the nuclear smoke’ was the admonishment at the
beginning of cold fusion some 30 years ago, the best advice from the best minds
of the time was ‘if you have nuclear fire you must have nuclear smoke.’
Fleischmann after some years fessed up to cold fusion peers and noted that the
hotter one runs cold fusion experiments the better! Limited of course by what
the hot environment does to the fuel components. Heat is the enemy of high
fugacity.

In my work I began by utilizing mass spec services from the top laboratories as
well as building my own low mass helium spectrometers. This sort of hands on
experimentation is what it takes to make, find, and deliver cold fusion. While
cold fusion heat needs to be present and is the useful palpable technology I
principally was interested in and observed 4He in vast amounts 100ppm or more,
far above the 5.22 ppm of helium in air and almost never any penetrating
emissions. Many of those searches for penetrating emissions used state of the
art LN2 cooled large germanium spectrometers and a variety of similar state of
the art neutron – all failing to see the penetrating emissions sought.

These social media forums are sometimes useful and a few grains of good ideas
sometimes are found amongst the abundance of chaff. But the anonymous internet
makes it impossible to put a measure of trust in what is posted, especially by
those who lack the courage of their convictions, interest, and intentions to
make themselves known. That results in such blather as what this reply is about
that I have used an unfueled experiment.

By the way I am willing to engage privately with truly interested participants
in this important field provided they introduce themselves and have something
of equivalent value to offer in exchange, that’s the way science and society
has always worked. The work I do is on a single small lab bench with very
limited resources, progress might expand geometrically with bench space and
additional helping hands and minds. Those wanting to be part and add to the
venture are welcome, those only wanting to add to their inner vulture are not.
Adventure vs. Advulture, ever it has been so.

Fusing as always

Russ George

Atom-ecology.russgeorge.net