to accept ‘both,’ as distasteful as that may be.

From: Nigel Dyer

Bob
Up until a year or so ago I might have gone along with the idea that quarks do
not exist.  However, my son has produced a nice paper from which the
fundamental particles (electrons, neutrinos and quarks) emerge in such a
beautiful way that I am now completely convinced that they are real.   The
challenge is to get the paper accepted, something this group will be well
familiar with
Nigel
bobcook wrote:  Robin—

Quarks are merely a mathematical scheme to help make sense of high energy
physics.  IMHO the do not exist.  I will send you a separate study of electron
scattering experiments that shed light on the structure of protons and neutrons.