I asked Beiting about the addition of SmCo magnets. SmCo was chosen for its
higher curie temp.  The magnets began as charged SmCo disks and were
crushed into apparently 1-2 mm fragments for inclusion with the fuel.
Enhancement of the LENR by magnetic field when using light hydrogen (as he
used) is a surprise. It could have been the Sm or Co instead of the
magnetic field - he did not have an experiment with un-charged SmCo
material for comparison.

A wonderful replication report.