One of the reasons why superconductivity and LENR are so tightly connected
is that it would be near impossible to gather and then subsequently
maintain enough EMF power to produce an effective EMF event horizon.
Dispersion of optical power would soon destroy the meta-stable
concentration of EMF power upon which the LENR reaction depends. This is
where ultra-dense matter comes into the LENR picture. This state of matter
produces the state of superconductivity in the particles that make this
special type of matter. LENR takes to this special highly supportive
electromagnetic environment like bacteria take to a soup of supportive
nutrients in a petri dish.

The LENR reaction can form in a non-superconductive situation, but it needs
far more input energy pumping to maintain the density of sufficient
polaritons that can sustain the associated development of an EMF event
horizon. This weaken gathering of polariton density is where gammas and
sundry nuclear reactive byproduct will manifest.