I hate to be the one to tell you this, Jones, but China has been stronger than
the U.S. for some time. The massive manufacturing infrastructure created in
China is far greater than the U.S. has ever achieved. Factors such as average
income, GDP, etc. are just financial indicators. Publications like MarketWatch,
Bloomberg , etc. simply measure monetary transactions. We have now a
financialized economy, practically no economy. We sell each other financial
products, insurance stocks, consulting, etc. and think we are doing something.

I like to measure an economy in terms of lime production.  If you think about
it, lime is the basis of civilization.  The ancient Romans denuded the forests
of Europe and Britain in order to produce lime from limestone and oyster
shells, used to make mortar, glass, concrete, and iron.  The ancient Egyptians
had covered those massive pyramids with lime based stucco so they were blinding
white. You get the idea.

I have no figures on lime production in China, but they produced more concrete
(you need lime for that) in the last three years than the U.S. did in the
entire 20th century. Their electrical generation surpassed the U.S. years ago.
Ditto steel production. They build entire cities for a million people in three
years flat, including high speed rail connecting to them. Many of them are
still unoccupied, referred to as ghost cities. No doubt they will eventually be
occupied.

Meanwhile, in California, we try to build a single high speed rail line
connecting Los Angeles and San Francisco and it becomes bogged down in
bureaucracy, minority set-asides, corruption, over-regulation and political
correctness with the result that billions are wasted and nothing will be built.
If the U.S. doesn't regain its position as a manufacturing powerhouse and the
parliament of whores we call our government doesn't stop selling us out to
China we are finished.

 On Wednesday, March 25, 2020, 06:03:44 PM UTC, Jones Beene