Michael I think your analysis is correct. However that does not mean Jones
is wrong rather support his position.
I have advocated your position for a long time. However over the last 20
years I have concluded ; the West cannot compete with countries that ha
substantially lower production costs. That means we will have to
acknowledge that the rest of the world has the right to build there
standard to the same level as the West.
We did have, but it slowly becomes less valuable, an infrastructure and
organization capacity well above the rest of the world. Long time
experience. My thinking has been to sell that capacity and have knowledge ,
more worth than lime even, and contribute that knowledge. However we seems
to not understand that 100 companies with 3 employees provide more job than
a company with 100 employees. I think highly specialized small business can
beat any competition. Instead we have supported big business and government
organizations and built them as big and inefficient and ineffective as
possible.
Yes I understand that there are exceptions but they are few and far
between. Look on the 2 trillion stimulus package we are spending most of it
goes to big business because when they fail society don't want/ cannot take
their fall.
If we don't act our knowledge will not be competitive and I guess we will
be behind.
Lennart