I'm amazed Philip that you would call my analysis lies and hypocrisy. We can differ about what the facts mean, but I don't understand why you can't acknowledge easily verifiable facts. Unfortunately, your reaction is not uncommon and it is the reason why rational decisions are not being made. So that you are not further confused by my approach, by rational decisions I mean ones that would allow Israel to survive without counting on the supernatural. Even the Bible advises that God helps those who help themselves. I see no sign that Israel is taking this advice in a rational way. Instead, they seem to have your approach.

No one blames Israel for everything. However, Israel is the cause of the conflicts in that region of the world. You don't need to accept my statement because many sources of this opinion are available. Right now the price of oil is going up partly because of the conflict in Iraq and the possibility that the US or Israel will attack Iran. You can easily check this fact as well. The US has nothing to fear from a proposed nuclear weapon from Iran. First, it can not reach us, they want us to buy their oil in the future, and last but not least, we can turn them into toast. Only Israel has something to fear, as Iran has made clear. Consequently, we are helping Israel even though we have no direct threat to ourselves, while paying dearly.

As for fighting thugs, you seem to forget that the people in Palestine were first attacked when Israel was formed. Naturally, they fought back. Now you use this response as a reason to fight them. This is the cycle that always leads to destruction when the sides are evenly matched. That is why Christ advised turning the other cheek. I don't advise this approach now, but the brute force approach is not working either. Unless rational decisions are made in the future, the result I fear will not please either one of us.

As for further discussion of this topic, I apologize to anyone who finds this boring or unimportant.

Ed

PHILIP WINESTONE wrote:

Hmmm... Ya don't think that higher oil prices are due to (1) greed, and (2) the holy purpose of holding the world by the balls until the Caliphate is established (ie - the West succumbs financially and goes down the tubes)? It seems that the scientific idea of cause and effect is somewhat inapplicable to the situation as you see it. Got a migraine? It's Israel!!!!! It's the Jews!!! (Take your pick.)

Actions violating modern standards of behaviour? Exactly what standards? I've been practising the martial arts for close to 30 years, and I can tell you how best to handle murderous thugs... including those populating that great tax waster, the UN. Like I said before, if a person wants to harm my family or myself, I will spare no effort to put an end to him. Perhaps you should think of what your gut reaction would be in that kind of situation. I venture that if a thug - any thug - came at you or your wife to commit mayhem and you had a gun handy, you couldn't get to it fast enough. If not, you're not a normal human being. This is the human condition. Survival. Not theological or historical arguments.

No more walking passively into cattle-cars toward death, surrounded by thugs.

Open your eyes Ed. That is, if you want to... which doesn't seem apparent. Too much education and worship of the intellect, perhaps; try using your intuition. Works also for solving Cold Fusion and other energy-related problems.

To the others at Vortex; I didn't want to prolong this nonsense, but I simply won't stand by passively when I see lies and hypocrisy in front of me. It's called defamation, and it's been going on for a long time. And it's going to have to stop, or there will be horrendous problems.

So I apologize to all.
P.