The obvious problem with the argument of whether to do something about global warming always involves a basic error. The error is that if we try to do something, it will result in economic damage. Actually, if we invest in alternate energy, this will create jobs and keep more money in the economy. In the video, the choice of spending a lot of money to develop the atom bomb was used as an example of having to make a costly decision based on a lack knowledge about what the Germans were doing. Actually, by developing the atom bomb we also created nuclear power for energy production, which added greatly to the economy. As a result the initial investment was trivial compared to the eventual advantage. The same would be true of our response to global warming. In short, we actually have nothing to lose. Why can't this idea be accepted?

Ed

Ed