Exactly.  the more i think of it, the more i wonder also...  a lot of
dna movement in liquids , the charge and polarity, is based on the
final few bps on each end.  I wonder if same bp ends but different
strands would end up together...

that or size in general.  you know, the same thing that makes western
blots work.