well, that wont put me into sleep dep.   I go into rem about 4 minutes
after falling asleep.  i actually sleep BETTER in 1 hour cat naps.
(And ive just found, thats a main symptom of narcolepsy.  explains a
lot actually)

Something to remember. electrons don't actaully orbit the nucleus.
they bounce around randomly, perhaps actually appearing and
dissapearing, or, tunneling, within vague cloud like areas known as
orbitals (because of the old Neils Bohr orbital model of the atom. )

These orbitals are actually what cause the transmission spectrums, the
transmission spectra is based on an electron absorbing energy,
temporarily getting a boost up to a higher orbital, then dropping back
down in rank to where it was before. releasing a photon that is the
exact energy, and thus frequency (and thus color) of the amount of
energy difference between the two states. This is why each atom has a
pretty unique spectrum, its based in large part on the top filled
orbitals.

When electrons are "shared" in a chemical bond, they bounce back and
forth between the filled orbitals of the paired atoms, spending
weekends with daddy and weeks with mommy (mommy being the most
electronegative of the pair, if they arent the same atom)  Now, this
fact, based on the distances involved in chemical bonds, means that
the electrons are jumping at least the actual radius of the atom more
than they were before. And, i recall a video i saw in chemistry long
ago that showed mapping of this electron motion.  Basically, it showed
the general shape of an orbital , the p orbital as i recall, formed by
mapping the position of the electron as it moved.  there were several
outliers, like, edge of the screen dots.  I asked my prof at the time
if that meant the electron was now and then bouncing way outside of
the orbital.  His statement, i don't think so, i think its just noise,
but it might be.  (Favorite chem teacher ever.  Was not afraid to say,
I don't know. )

might that form of electron tunneling be your radio signal?  jumping
to orbitals that are the exact same energy, because its the same
element at the same energy state?

Alex