>From Ed:

> While I agree with your basic point, I agree some things are best discussed
> in private with the people who are interested.  I suggest if a a subject
> comes up that is not of general interest, the people who would like to
> explore the idea further make their wish known so that the discussion can
> move to private e-mail involving each interested person without having to
> get involved with another list or cause consternation to people who are not
> interested. How does this sound?

Sounds sensible to me.

In fact, I'm sure we do this all the time!

I guess the 64 dollar question might be: How one might go about
determining if the subject matter being discussed (and also being
considered for private exchange) would be of general interest to
others or not. I think I'm being nit picky here... Probably not that
big of a deal. ;-)

Regards
Steven Vincent Johnson
www.OrionWorks.com