I wrote:

The scientific method demands that an arbitrary limit be placed on objections. It is a matter of opinion how much proof is needed, and how many objections should be met, but you cannot leave the question undecided indefinitely. . . .

In this case, I think we need to start drawing some limits to some objections. Skeptical arguments must meet the same level of rigor as any other. I think concerns about the flow rate should be dismissed. I don't care about pump specifications someone found on the Internet. The methods Levi et al. used to measure flow are rock solid and it is silly to dispute them.

With all due respect, the assertion made by Horace Heffner that 20 L container of water left a hot room for 1 hour will heat from 15 deg C to 27 deg C is wrong, and should be dismissed. Before people write things like that, I wish they would test the idea. Many assertions about physics are difficult to test, but this one is easy. Fill a large bucket with ~10 L of cold tap water (easy to get this time of year), measure the temperature, leave it in warm room for an hour, and measure it again. Please don't tell us it will rise 10 deg C per hour until you confirm that. In my experience it will do nothing of the sort.

To do a more careful test, look at the photo to see what kind of plastic container they used. Find a similar one if possible, one that is closed on all sides like a jerrican or a gasoline container.