On Feb 23, 2011, at 5:47 PM, mix...@bigpond.com wrote:

Hi,
[snip]
This 270kWh per 0.4 g if hydrogen is obviously well beyond chemical
if the  consumables actually are H and Ni.   The energy E per H is:

   E = (270kwh) /(0.4 g * Na / (1.00797 gm/mol)) = 2.54x10^4 eV / H

   E = 25.4 keV per atom of H.

This is about 2.5 times the ionization energy of the innermost
electron of Ni.  This is well under expected conventional weak
reaction energies feasible  between protons and Ni, but not out of
the range of feasibility for hydrino reactions, or  deflation fusion
reactions.

..we also don't know how much of the H remained in the Ni after the reaction was
finished.

Yes, very true. The 25.4 keV is a *minimum* energy per hydrogen atom. However, if 30% of the Ni was converted to Cu, or even if readily observable quantities of new elements were created, then we have to expect much or even most of the hydrogen was consumed.

Something doesn't add up here. There should have been a very observable drop in hydrogen pressure, because the hydrogen was shut off after initial loading.

Regards,

Robin van Spaandonk

http://rvanspaa.freehostia.com/Project.html

Best regards,