Josh wrote:
"they will have seen a mist coming out of the chimney."

No, Kullander specifically states in his report:
"The 100 °C temperature is reached at 10:42 and at about 10:45 all the water is
completely vaporized
found by visual checks of the outlet tube and the valve letting out steam from
the chimney."

Kullander would NOT have made that statement if there was visible mist...

And Galantini specifically stated several times that the steam exiting the
chimney was
transparent... why do you think they make a point of it?  Because they
understand the importance
that the steam quality will have on performance figures being reported (not
just by Rossi, but in
their own reports).  These people have satisfied to themselves that the steam
was very nearly dry...

Here's a statement from Kullander that is a bit confusing...
"The temperature at the outlet was controlled continually to be above 100°C.
According to the
electronic log-book, it remained always between 100.1 and 100.2 °C during the
operation from 10:45
to 16:30 as can be seen in figure 7.

The "outlet was controlled" is obviously not right... there's nothing to
control at the outlet!
This must be more an issue with english not being his native language.  What he
means is that the
temperature of the steam exiting the outlet was always maintained between 100.1
and 100.2.

This is certainly a concern in that there seems to be no feedback of outlet
temperature in order to
provide data to the control boxes (PLCs)..
Is the operation of the E-Cat so consistent that so long as there's a steady
flowrate and fairly
constant input temperature, the unit can operate in an open loop manner???  We
just do not know at
this time and we just have to wait...

I have always recognized that there are significant concerns and no end to the
frustrations that
come from how the tests/demos were conducted!

-Mark

  _____