From: Angela Kemmler [mailto:angela.kemm...@gmx.de]
Sent: Wednesday, June 29, 2011 10:12 AM
To: vortex-l@eskimo.com
Subject: Re: [Vo]:Rossi responds to "movie professor" and Peter Ekstrom's
analysis

-------- Original-Nachricht --------
> Datum: Wed, 29 Jun 2011 13:10:41 -0300
> Von: Daniel Rocha <danieldi...@gmail.com>
> An: vortex-l@eskimo.com
> Betreff: Re: [Vo]:Rossi responds to "movie professor" and Peter
> Ekstrom\'s analysis

> Why are you subtracting the in Bologna if it was actually measured there?

no, they measured it a bit away, but still in Bologna. I you want the precise
position, I may tell
you that later, I have access to all the historic weather data. I think it is
the airport there.
Meteorology was my business for a long time. Every station transmits the local
air pressure and adds
the lacking pressure that comes from local height above sea level. See
wikipedia "barometric
formula" for details, its about 1 hPa per 8 m. If every station of the world
would simply transmit
local air pressure, you would not be able to draw the ground pressure charts.
All values are
sl-values.