On Oct 9, 2011, at 7:05 PM, Robert Leguillon wrote:

Alright, if it's conclusive without the thermocouples....
Does anyone have a decent water capacity for the E-Cat? I see that H.H. calculated 14.2 liters, but has there been any confirmed number out of the Rossi camp? I only ask, because multiple references have been made to "tons of cooling water" to quench the reaction during H.A.D. In reality, the water flowing through the E-Cat (as the heat exchanger primary-side output) was measured twice: The first time, it was .91 grams/sec and the second time it was just shy of 2 g/s. If the E-Cat were indeed 14.2liters (14.2 kg), the entire contents of the E-Cat would take 2-4 hours to be completely replaced. All the while, a "device that generates frequencies" is still running. When it is turned off, the E-Cat temp begins declining.
Soooo many questions.

Somewhere I think I saw a statement that the new E-cat has 30 liters water volume. I don't see how that is possible if the dimensions provided in the NyTeknik report are correct.

I have made changes to my data review in this area.  It is located at:

http://www.mtaonline.net/~hheffner/Rossi6Oct2011Review.pdf

Following are the related sections.

VOLUME CALCULATIONS

The Lewan report says: "The E-cat model used in this test was enclosed in a casing measuring about 50 x 60 x 35 centimeters."

"After cooling down the E-cat, the insulation was eliminated and the casing was opened. Inside the casing metal flanges of a heat exchanger could be seen, an object measuring about 30 x 30 x 30 centimeters. The rest of the volume was empty space where water could be heated, entering through a valve at the bottom, and with a valve at the top where steam could come out. "

This gives an external volume of (50 x 60 x 35) cm^3 = 105000 cm^3 = 105 liters. The heat exchanger etc. is (30 x 30 x 30) cm^3 = 27 liters. This should give an internal volume of 105 liters - 27 liters = 78 liters.

The prior similar E-cat weighed in at 85 kg.

Looking at the open E-cat photo it looks like about (1/9)*30 cm = 3.3 cm is cooling fins. About 50% of the 3.3 cm x 30 cm x 30 = 2.97 liters should be water, giving a total water volume of 78 liters + 3 liters = 81 liters.

NO HEAT TRANSFER TO HEAT EXCHANGER UNTIL 13:22

19:22: "Measured outflow of primary circuit in heat exchanger, supposedly condensed steam, to be 345 g in 180 seconds, giving a flow of 1.92 g/s. Temperature 23.2 °C."

This indicates the pump primary circuit flow is probably about 1.92 ml/s, as it was in the Krivit demo. The heat showed up in the exchanger at about 130 minutes, or 7800 seconds into the run. See appended graph, or see spreadsheet at:

http://www.mtaonline.net/~hheffner/Rossi6Oct2011.pdf

This means the flow filled a void of (7800 s)*(1.92 ml/s) = 15 liters before hot water began to either overflow or percolate out of the device, and thus make it to the heat exchanger.

If overflow started after 15 liters then it would appear 81 - 15 = 66 liters were already present. The device weighed in at 98 kg before the test and 99 kg after, when the water was drained, making this impossible.

If the E-cat cold water input is 24°C and 15 liters were input, it takes (4.2 J/(gm K)) *(15,000 gm))*(76K) = 4.79 MJ to heat the water to boiling. Looking at the spread sheet this input energy Ein was indeed reached at about 13:22. This means steam probably reached the heat exchanger at this time, about 130 minutes into the test.

Best regards,

Horace Heffner
http://www.mtaonline.net/~hheffner/