Jed,

I said:
An additional 2,056 watts is required for the phase-change, but, of course, we
have no idea how much is boiling away.
Greater than 2,437 watts would completely vaporize the input water.

You said:
Since the temperature is 120°C I believe it has to be completely vaporized. I
do not think there can be any hot water at that temperature in the system.

The 120 degrees C must be boiling with back pressure or an incorrect reading
from thermal wicking of the metal.  If it were truly superheated steam, you
would see large variances, especially when it allegedly surpassed 6 or 8 kW. It
is at boiling.

 I said:
Of course, this means that the water in the E-Cat would be running dry and
getting super-heated if there were prolonged excursions over 2.5 kW. But, of
course, this didn't happen, did it?

 You said:
"No, it means that Rossi has to keep an eye on the water level. He has to
adjust it to keep the reactor full but not overflowing. This is no more
difficult than it is for me to keep an eye on the level of pinot noir when I
simmer a pot roast for 5 hours."

Anything over 2.5 kW would have been boiling more water than was being
introduced into the E-Cat.  But, you're saying that Rossi was constantly
adjusting flow from the paristaltic pump to ensure that all of the input water
was being evaporated, but no more? When the E-Cat power allegedly teiples, he
also triples the input water, so as to maintain exact 120 degree temperature of
the above-boiling-temperature steam? I didn't see this anywhere in the reports.
 This wasn't worth mentioning?

I'm just saying that the calorimetry does not jive.  I find the comments from
Defkalion to be refreshing, though.
I am optimistic towards Ni-H research, but I have not seen convincing data from
any of Rossi's public tests.  We can argue the points of each until the cows
come home, but I assure you that I want nothing more than to be convinced.  His
actions would lead us to believe that he has seen it work, and other reports
indicate that he is not alone.

But, in my own opinion, this was certainly not a conclusive test.  I think that
extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence; it's just not here. This
could have very easily been a conclusive test, but it went just as predicted.