Robert Leguillon <robert.leguil...@hotmail.com> wrote:

The "rapid overfilling" was at .91 grams/second (It turns out the 1.92 g/s
> was for quenching)

The "rapid overfill" I refer to is the quenching, at 1.92 g/s. I believe
0.91 was the rate during the test when Lewan checked it.  1.92 isn't very
rapid, is it? Apparently it worked though.

With Pd-D I have heard of researchers taking the cathode out and plunged
into a cold bath. It can be difficult to quench the reaction.

> An additional 2,056 watts is required for the phase-change, but, of course,
> we have no idea how much is boiling away.
> Greater than 2,437 watts would completely vaporize the input water.

Since the temperature is 120°C I believe it has to be completely vaporized.
I do not think there can be any hot water at that temperature in the system.

> Of course, this means that the water in the E-Cat would be running dry and
> getting super-heated if there were prolonged excursions over 2.5 kW. But, of
> course, this didn't happen, did it?

No, it means that Rossi has to keep an eye on the water level. He has to
adjust it to keep the reactor full but not overflowing. This is no more
difficult than it is for me to keep an eye on the level of pinot noir when I
simmer a pot roast for 5 hours. (The trick to a good pot roast is keep the
water level low so that it forms at thick brown sauce, but not so low that
it burns.)

Of course I can open the pot and look, but I can also tell from the sound
and smell. With my miniature steam engine I can tell the boiler level from
the sound as well.