tiistai, 11. lokakuuta 2011 Jed Rothwell <jedrothw...@gmail.com> kirjoitti:

> It is intensely annoying that Rossi did the test in this ridiculous
> manner, forcing us to scramble to try to determine whether
> was 2 kW or 6 kW.

It had nothing to do with Rossi, but Mats Lewan was the culprit, because he
failed to measure all the necessary variables. this went exactly as I
predicted: I predicted that there is nothing to complain about the
experimental setup, but those who are observing and making measurements,
just fail to do all the relevant measurements. And indeed this was exactly
what happened. Mats Lewan forgot to pay attention to the primary circuit. He
even said that it was irrelevant! But he did not realize that he should have
calibrated the secondary loop by measuring enthalpy from primary circuit.
Calibration was easy, because E-Cat was not overflowing all the time.
Therefore it is only necessary to measure the steam mass flow from primary
circuit and assume 98% for the steam quality, because there is only steam
going to the heat exchanger and water is trapped inside E-Cat.

However, I do not see that there are significant fundamental errors,
although inaccuracy is high. The total output was something between 90 MJ
and 180 MJ. Of course there is very much heat, but still it is annoying that
we do not have that more accurate answer, although most of the potential
errors are pointing into direction that is favorable for excess heat.

By the way, pump was calibrated before the test and it pumped water some 13
kg/h. Due to pressure, it is safe to say that water inflow rate something
close to 10 kg/h. But yet again, Mats should have measured this at least few
times during the test, because back-pressure is affecting to the water flow.

   —Jouni

Ps. This tells more about how hard science is when there is no ready made
protocols available, but it is required to improvise on the site. Therefore
I do not complain Mats for being incompetent, because I know that Horace,
Jed and me would have failed in similar manner. It is just too easy to be
wise five days after the demonstration.