On Sun, Nov 27, 2011 at 4:46 PM, Mark Iverson-ZeroPoint <
zeropo...@charter.net> wrote:

> Mary, you must be real naïve about the business environment…****
>
> ** **
>
> You claim that,****
>
> “Ripoffs are far from inevitable and in fact rarely happen from big
> companies when dealing with established inventions and inventors.  And when
> it does happen, the companies often end up losing in court-- losing big.
> See for example:  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_Kearns”

The part you chose to miss is that Kearns was a precedent -- not only was
it difficult for Kearns, it was hard on the money and reputation of the big
companies and they are not eager to repeat the experience.  Nowadays, when
someone has a legitimate contract and/or effective patent, they are pretty
well protected.

If Rossi were worried about patent protection, he would have shown
absolutely nothing until he had filed a properly written patent application
-- something which, as far as we know, he has not yet done to this day.