On Sun, Nov 27, 2011 at 4:01 PM, Jed Rothwell <jedrothw...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Mary Yugo <maryyu...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Interestingly, Steorn's investors have never made a public statement or
>> taken the company or its officers to court and they are most certainly and
>> obviously a scam.
>

> Getting back to my definition, do you have any evidence for that, where
> "evidence" is "objectively verifiable facts in the real world"? Or is that
> just your opinion? I do not mean evidence that the Steorn claim is
> questionable. No one disputes that. I mean evidence that it is not a
> mistake, and the Steorn people know the device is fake, and someone has
> been swindled by them. I do not mean your impression or your opinion, I
> mean a written statement, a confession by someone at Steorn, or a formal
> complaint.

There is lots of evidence that Steorn is a scam and it doesn't involve
written statements (by whom were you thinking such statements would be
made?), a confession or a formal complaint, none of which by the way would
prove a scam.  Steorn was scamming because they lied repeatedly and
consistently about what the equipment could do well beyond any possibility
that it could be an honest mistake.  Or do you think if Rossi's machine
doesn't work, it will be an honest mistake?

> Perhaps they're embarrassed.
>>

> Or perhaps they still believe. That may be because they are foolish, or
> -- conceivably -- because it is real and they know it is.

There not the slightest chance that anything Steorn claimed for Orbo is in
the slightest real.  With Rossi there is not yet a smoking gun.  With
Steorn there are maybe a dozen.  If you have not followed the Steorn saga,
you won't recognize these by name and I have no interest in educating you
about them by doing more in the way of work.  However a brief off the top
of the head list includes (but not limited to):  African pump, Kinetica
demo, Minato wheel, bearings burned by lights, 550 watt motor "under the
stairs", 0.5 W/cc power density measured, works all the time, we'll let Dr.
Mike take a screwdriver to it, Waterways demo, Ansmann battery and
Tachoman, calorimetry non-result, 6 universities tested it but won't go on
record, the Steorn jury decision, the never delivered solid state Orbo
kits, ClaNZer's tests on his builds, and there's more.  You'd have to have
followed it to see what a ridiculously transparent scam it was once it
developed.

Lack of investor complaints is not necessarily counter evidence for a scam,
>> especially fairly early in its development.
>>

> Are we still early in the Steorn incident? How long does it take?

No, we're not early in Steorn's scam.  The amount of time it takes to
develop complaints depends on the scam.  Some never do.

> If lack of complaints is not evidence there is nothing wrong, then how can
> there be any indication there is nothing wrong?

Are you asking a real question or just talking to hear yourself?  That's an
absurd question.  The obvious indication that there is nothing wrong is if
the proponents and participants tell the truth and back up with proper
independent testing!  That needs me to say it?  Are we playing little word
games now?

> If there are complaints, it is a scam. If there are no complaints, it is a
> scam.

You deliberately twist the issue -- not quite sure why bother but it can be
a scam with or without complaints.  Complaints are simply not determinative
of a scam.  You can also have the real deal and have complaints.  I mean
what?  You didn't know that?

> "Don't trust researchers who study parapsychology. They constantly cheat
> and lie in order to support their strange worldviews. Very few of them have
> been caught at it, but it's not necessary to do so, since any fool can see
> that the positive evidence for psi can only be created by people who are
> either disturbed or dishonest."
> http://amasci.com/pathsk2.txt

You have any more straw men?