Charles Hope <lookslikeiwasri...@gmail.com> wrote:

That's fine, but then Rossi and his believers need to quit complaining or
> expressing alarm when folks see this misdirection and reasonably interpret
> it as evidence of a scam.

Misdirection is routinely practiced by most businesses. IBM was famous for
it back in the 1970s. For example, they would announce an "initiative"
which they never intended to follow through on, in order to stop a
competitor. This is mean spirited, and perhaps unfair, but it is not
unethical, and it certainly not a scam. Unless you hold that most
corporations are engaged in scams.

I do not think this is "evidence." This is your opinion, or your gut
feeling of distrust. I do not trust Rossi myself (not to do business with
him), but I would never glorify this feeling of mine by calling it
"evidence" of anything. It is intuition. I think "evidence" should mean
"a body of facts or information indicating whether a belief or proposition
is true or valid." That is, objectively verifiable facts in the real world,
such as reports that someone has been scammed (or claims to be), or that
Rossi has investors who have not performed independent tests of his
equipment. Not your feeling that he might have such investors -- or by gosh
wouldn't it be just him to have such investors -- but actual names of
investors and a credible report about them.

Feelings should not be ignored. Intuition is often valuable when making a
business decision. But intuition and facts are two very different things.