>From Jed:

> >> What would be the advantage to Rossi if he provided a conclusive test?
>>
>> The advantage would be that people would believe him.  If he did not want
>> to be believed, why has he gone through all the demonstrations he has
done
>> thus far with invited guests including press and scientists?
>
> Look, this really is not complicated. He wants to be believed a little,
> by some groups of people, so that he can sell them reactors. He does not
> want to be believed by everyone at this time. Many other inventors such
> as Edison and Patterson did the same thing for the same reasons.

FWIW it appears that Saddam Hussein followed a similar strategy of
misdirection in regards to weapons of mass destruction. This is based on
hindsight analysis - when we tried to figure out why we got it so wrong and
ended up invading Iraq at the needless cost of thousands of lives. However,
a major difference between Saddam and Rossi was that in Saddam's case he was
trying to convince neighboring adversaries of the fact that he HAD them (so
that they would continue to fear him and not invade), while simultaneously
trying to convince everyone else of the act that he didn't possess any.

I guess one could say that in Saddam's case he got mixed results.

I guess one could say the same about Rossi, but then, the jury is still out
on that one. ;-)

Be that as it may, it is clear that tactics of misdirection and
disinformation are used all the time both in covert warfare and in matters
of covert business strategy. It would appear that any corporation that wants
to remain in business had better be prepared to play the game.

Regards,
Steven Vincent Johnson
www.OrionWorks.com
www.zazzle.com/orionworks